Monday, September 17, 2018

Golden Roses Engagement Card

Hi everyone! Today is going to be a really quick blog post because I was hoping to have a video of it up on my BRAND NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL woo! Don't get too excited; there's only one video at the moment. However, I will have the video for this card up hopefully sometime this week. I hope you don't mind the sparse content in this post! This card is an entry for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, the theme of which is "pop it up!" This is also an entry for the MFT Sketch Challenge 402. Below is the given sketch:


I needed an engagement card because my younger cuz just got engaged! 😁 I'm so happy for her! Luckily I had recently bought my first few wedding-related stamp sets, because I needed to make a wedding card for the first time recently. Lots of first occasions when you've been crafting less than a year! 😂I used Lawn Fawn "Happy Wedding" stamp and die set for everything but the background.


For the longest time, I've been wanting to use my Simon Says Stamp "Modern Rose Blooms" background stamp and emboss it in something metallic. As you can see, I did just that with some Versamark, and Ranger Fine Gold embossing powder. Using my Kat Scrappiness "Wonky Wavy Stitched Border" die, I cut down a piece of card stock that I would use to stamp on. I made a background pattern using a few images from the Lawn Fawn set. I also used the coordinating die to cut out an engagement ring to use as the center piece. While I was die cutting the engagement ring, I also cut two pieces of craft foam which I used glued together along with the stamped image of the ring to give it quite a bit of dimension. I used Copic markers to color everything.


To bring in the gold from the background and make the card feel more cohesive, I used my Ranger embossing pen to color a few of the hearts in, then embossed them in the same gold as the background. The sentiment was two combined: "congratulations" and "you're engaged." I also used the included exclamation point at the end of each to give it a little more "oomph." 😁 I stamped all of the sentiment in Versafine, then heat embossed it all with Ranger clear embossing powder. 


Finally, I assembled the card by adhering the stamped piece to the embossed rose background with some thick foam tape. I then placed the dimensional ring in the center of that. I used my ATG on half of the sentiment that would go onto the stamped piece, and supported the part on the background piece with two 1/4" foam squares.

That's it for this quick post! Thank you for stopping by, and make sure to subscribe using the feature to the right if you're interested in knowing when my blog updates. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment